Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mitch

My weekly schedule involved some volunteer time at the elementary school. Over the course of a semester I met Mitch. Mitch also volunteered at the elementary school. I knew who he was, but I had never really talked with him. The first time I saw Mitch I asked the guy standing next to me, “Who is he, and what is bothering him?”

Their response was, “That’s just Mitch.”

Unsatisfied, I was determined to get to know this guy. Mitch and Evan were friends, so I though I would use that as my way in. During our volunteer time I decided to introduce myself. Noticing that he was a very gifted artist, I complimented some of his work that was hanging in a local show. Instant friends. We started to plan our time at the elementary school so we would both be there at the same time. Our mentees would play together while Mitch and I would talk.

Every since my relationship with Evan, I had become more comfortable with my attraction to guys. Mitch was extremely attractive to me. He was exceptionally pale, almost too thin, had the most beautiful brown hair that fell in loose curls, amazingly beautiful teeth (shown in a smile that was absolutely melting), and doe eyes that seemed to always be on the verge of tears.

Mitch was mysterious. I had no idea what his orientation was. I wasn’t about to make a move on him, but he was too intriguing to not pursue. It was obvious to me that Mitch was a very passionate Christian. In fact, I even sponsored him to go on a weekend retreat put on by my church. Mitch presented a very difficult problem to me. How could I remain strong in my faith, and follow my heart at the same time. This is just the beginning of my journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment