Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When in Rome

The trip to Italy was fantastic. I missed Ravi everyday. During our first night there, the tsunami of 2004 hit Indonesia. When saw the news I immediately thought of Ravi. His parents and brother had traveled home to Indonesia for Christmas. I grabbed Cameron and through the use of an Italian phrase book we were able to figure out how to access the lobby computer. I logged in to AIM and we relieved to see that Ravi was on-line. Bad news: he had not been able to contact his parents. Our hearts chilled, Cam started to cry. (He was a crier. Only adding to his charm) Ravi promised to keep us posted, and we checked in as often as we could. It wasn’t until the next day that he heard the good news that his family was safe.


In each town, I shared a room with the assistant director and the director’s son, Mark. Mark was a few years younger than I was. Incredibly hot. A few times during the trip I had to say, “Stop it. Get off of me. You’re 17.”


I stuck pretty close to Cam during the trip. We were both missing our best friend. I brought Cam up to speed on my relationship with Ravi. He was shocked. He had no idea what had been going on between the two of us. Christian was also on the trip. Since I was in charge of room assignments (student director’s privilege), I made sure that Christian was no where near me. In fact, I roomed him with people that I knew he didn’t get along with very well. (pay back is a bitch)


So, I was becoming more accepting of my feeling for Ravi. Gay still wasn’t something that I could say. I “thought it was wrong.” Despite my thoughts, I still managed to fall asleep with Cam for about an hour on a lazy afternoon in Florence. We never talked about it.

3 comments:

  1. There seems to be a lot of "not talking about it" going on here! Argh. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREE WITH SASSY.

    Bring on the acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just snorted out some coffee - your verification word was "Bisepual".

    ReplyDelete