Sunday, March 8, 2009

Right?

Through a series of emails and a few phone calls, things were patched up with Christian over the summer. I spent the summer before my junior year doing the normal kid-home-from-college stuff. I worked the same two summer jobs that I had been working since high school, and I spend time with my friends from high school.

We have since started referring to ourselves as “The group.” Most of us attended different colleges, but we always maintained a close relationship. This before facebook! As the summer neared an end, it was obvious that we were all ready to return to college, to our friends, and to campus life!

Being a member of the college choir, I had to report to campus a few days before the majority of returning students in order to participate in formal college functions that required the presence of the choir. My parents and I generally took two days to drive out there…taking our time and spending time in some favorite locations along the way.

I pulled in front of our house and saw Christian’s car sitting in the lot across the street. It was the only other car there. The rest of the guys in the house wouldn’t be there for a few days. A few neighbors were back, but not too many people at all. I had never seen the room we were going to live in. I had lived next door the previous year in a similar house and just assumed the rooms would be nearly alike.

I walked in the room and found Christian’s “half” of the room to be already set-up. He didn’t leave me much room to work with. Are you ready for the creepy part? There were pictures of the two of us ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I was not pleased. I had pledged into the same fraternity as Christian the year before. Most of the pictures were of Fraternity functions . . . but they had been doctored. He wasn’t that good at photo-shopping his head on to other people.

Shaking my head, I left the room and headed to the music department for rehearsal. As I entered the building I ran into Ravi. We embraced. We slid into a practice room where he placed his hands on my face and kissed me…lightly. This wasn’t a romantic kiss. This was a kiss that expressed how much he missed me over the summer…and I him. Right?

“What was that?” I asked.
“I’ve missed you,” he replied.

And with that, we walked into the rehearsal room. My head was spinning. A guy just kissed me! An extremely attractive guy just kissed me! Rehearsal ended and we all started making plans for the evening. Christian finally talked to me and asked if the room was ok. I lied, and said it looked great. As Christian started telling me of the plans that he had for us that night, Ravi walked behind me and took my hand as he passed. Of course, I knew that was a signal. Flustered for words, I told Christian that I would be staying with my parents that night at the B&B. Not completely a lie, I had dinner with my parents before returning to campus to stay with Ravi that night.

I entered his room to find him unpacking some books and whatnot. He turned, pinned me against the door, and bound me in the tightest, most passionate hug I had ever experienced. The night was late, and we had both traveled far that day…so we went straight to his bed. We laid there watching a movie. I got up to change into something more comfortable. I turned around to find Ravi in noting but a pair of shorts. With nothing but the glow of a muted television to light the way, we returned to bed. He put his arms around me, our legs tangled. His lean dancer’s build shivered for a few minutes under the cold sheets…I held him closer.

The only thing going through my head was, “I’m not gay. Right?”

2 comments:

  1. Lol ( at the last line).

    No sir!

    This Christian fellow creeps me out. He's the sort of person that sounds like he would end up with several hot gay males chained in his basement one day.

    Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Ravi took your hand, I got the chills! How beautiful!

    But, ugh! Christian is soooo SWF. I'd sleep with my eyes open if I were you.

    ReplyDelete